Suicide Prevention Coalition
The Genesee-Orleans-Wyoming Regional Suicide Prevention Coalition was born over a series of lunches in 2018. The geographic proximity and similarities of our three counties, in addition to the reality that the coordinators truly enjoy spending time together, led to the formation of our first event “A Helping of Hope” Awareness Breakfast (we really do enjoy meals!). When the state announced grant funding, a tri-county project seemed a natural fit. GOW Pathway to Hope was born in January 2019. Our group plans to focus on creating online and media campaigns focusing on the #BeThe1To messaging. We also plan to provide education on suicide and suicide prevention to primary care practitioners, members of the sportsmen community, and certain high risk populations. We hope that you’ll join us!
Consider Joining Us
Will you #Bethe1To…Connect? Check out our video
Pathway to Hope Breakfast
Special thanks to our speaker, Karl Shallowhorn, Education Program Coordinator at the Community Health Center of Buffalo. Image courtesy of Alecia Kaus.
National Suicide Hotline
800-273-8255 (Press 1)
De Habla Española Línea
Spanish-Speaking Suicide Hotline
Links to articles & research available online. Please use caution when reading as some material may be triggering. If you are disturbed by any of this material, please contact the National Suicide Lifeline at: 800-273-TALK (8255), or Text HELP to 741741.
- Farmers’ suicide rates, mental health draw conversations
- Suicide Prevention Resources for Teens
- How to help a coworker who may be at risk for suicide
- 8 Gentle Ways to Ask Your Child If They’re Considering Suicide
- Faith Leader’s Guide to Self-Care After a Suicide
- Be Well: Preventing Physician Suicide
- Three Things College Campuses Can Do To Prevent Suicide
- It’s OK to not be OK, even if you are a professional