Pathway To Hope
We are Dedicated to Suicide Prevention
The Genesee-Orleans-Wyoming County Pathway to Hope is dedicated to providing suicide awareness, training, prevention and postvention strategies for individuals, families, schools and organizations in Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties, New York.
How We Got Here, Our Pathway
When the state announced grant funding, a tri-county project seemed a natural fit. GOW Pathway to Hope was born in January 2019 with the award of funds for a three-year, tri-county educational campaign focused on #BeThe1To. Today the group is comprised of community members and local professionals with a shared vision and mission for suicide prevention: to promote a healthier and safer community by supporting emotional wellness.
- Our first year will focus on creating promotional videos (link) to share on social media, developing our regional website, promoting the #BeThe1To… campaign, and, of course, “A Second Helping of Hope” breakfast.
- During our second year, we will focus on bringing education and prevention resources to hospital emergency departments in our three counties, as well as primary care providers. We know that our three counties rely on firearms for sport, and we plan to bridge the gap between the sportsmen communities and the mental health communities by empowering firearms owners to recognize and provide psychiatric first aid to those who may be in crisis.
- Our third year will focus on older adults, and we will partner with tri-county office for the aging to offer programming that empowers older adults to reach out to one another in times of crisis. We will also provide education and support to the agricultural communities in our area.
- We hope that our tri-county partnership will continue for years to come. Please join your local coalition.
Genesee County Suicide Prevention Coalition
The Suicide Prevention Coalition of Genesee County is dedicated to providing suicide awareness, training, prevention and postvention strategies for individuals, families, schools and organizations in Genesee County, New York.
Orleans County Suicide Prevention Coalition Facebook page
Our mission is to help reduce the incidence of suicide in Orleans County by educating the community about suicide, the prevention of suicide, resources available and to support survivors of suicide loss.
Wyoming County Suicide Prevention Coalition
Established in 2006, we’re dedicated to suicide prevention by:
- Educating the community on prevention strategies
- Promoting crisis & intervention resources
- Expanding support through community-wide partnerships